1) Pulmonary Function tests are performed, for patients, including everything from basic spirometry, with a before & after Bronchodilator, through He Dilutions to evaluate any level of airway obstruction. Body (TLC) Plethymography, MVV measurements & pre & post Bronchodilator tests complete the process. These tests are evaluated to determine if additional service is required.
2) Perform DLCO diffusion capacity tests to evaluate whether or not the Alveolar Capillary membrane is compromised and at what percentage. Total Lung Capacity (TLC) tests are performed to evaluate the percentage at which the lung is operating. Level 2 stress tests known as a walk study are given with 6 minute monitoring of patients SATís and heart rate. This test evaluates the need for supplemental oxygen and patients are placed on oxygen when necessary.
3) Metered Dose Inhaler training is given for patients and nebulized treatments given when necessary. Blood pressure & temperatures are taken and documented as well as reporting the results to the physicians. Breathing techniques are reviewed with patients and Aerosol treatments are given as needed.
4) Chest X-rays, both posterior & lateral, are taken and developed for patients to evaluate lung fields and any enlargement of the heart. X-ray & PFT machines are calibrated & warmed up and patient X-rays are filed on a daily basis.
5) Fill out CMNís and then copy and fax or send out the original form. Find CME charts to answer questions on the forms and refer to the appropriate physician. Fill out the equipment book containing oxygen & CPAP ordered for patients. File all orders sent for patients and complete any other necessary paperwork as needed.
) Monitor all medications in the medicine room by keeping track of supply on hand and calling reps/distributors to reorder & restock medicine as needed. Drug samples are also ordered and kept on hand as needed. Also keep the office PFT area stocked and organized.
7) Answer phone calls received, from patients and Home Health Care companies, pertaining to respiratory questions. Set-up Home Health Care for patients by calling and arranging for delivery of oxygen and/or equipment.
This position also arranges transport for patients in need of admission to the hospital. Most of the admitted patients are unable to walk, to the hospital, so transport must be arranged for them. If the need arises for a patient to get oxygen, a PAP device bed, a wheelchair, or etc. to get admitted, to the hospital, the therapist arranges it and facilitates the process.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
***Please respect our recruiting process and note that we ask for NO phone calls. PLease follow this application process and if you are selected for an interview, you will be notififed via e-mail. Please add email@example.com to your list of approved senders to ensure timely receipt of e-mail communications. Thank you for your interest in employment!